The Kommando smock was originally developed in collaboration with the KSK as a requirement for a rugged & quiet outer shell. The B220 is an enhanced version of this smock and has a very detailed set of features. It has since been adopted by the Irish Army Ranger Wing and sniper units all over Europe.
The B220 features foam padded elbow protection as well as shoulder recoil pads for heavy calibre rifles. This can be fully removed depending on the users preference. The hood and lower back is lined with a windproof layer to help combat windchill.
Pocket configuration: 4 Large front box pockets, followed by two side, and one large at the rear. FFD & notebook/ pen pockets are located on the arms.
It is recommended to wear a waterproof mid layer underneath if required. This ensures your most durable layer is the outer & remains very quiet.
- 50/50 DWR Ripstop, No Melt/ Drip
- Fully articulated construction
- Wire in hood for shaping
- Elasticated cord secured between inner & outer hood
- Removable foam padding insert for rifle recoil
- Removable foam elbow/ forearm padding.
- Field dressing arm pouch
- Loops for the placement of grass and other detritus
- Underarm zips for ventilation
- Storm flap
- Webbing loops
- Adjustable drawcord waist, base and hood
- Double ended zipper
- Cord channel in hood for adjustment
- Lightweight windproof hood lining
- Storm flap epaulette
- Chest document pockets
- Large boxed pockets
- Side boxed pocket
- Dump/ rear poachers pocket
- Patch pocket with 3cm stitch from edge for pen loop
- Garments are built loose to aid movement and are compatible with all body armour options